At McCarthy Tire Service, safety is our primary goal. The health and well-being of our customers, suppliers, associates, their families, and the communities where we operate are of utmost importance. We want to assure you that we are taking this situation very seriously. We have established detailed guidelines per the CDC’s recommendations regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) to reduce risks as we sustain our business operations.
Our stores and services are open for normal business hours. Our sales team is ready to service your accounts, and we continue to run our 24-hour commercial roadside assistance program.
McCarthy Tire’s owners and senior leadership team are meeting daily, and we are actively following the guidelines recommended by our local, state, and federal officials. This public health event is rapidly developing. We are continuously assessing our business practices so that we can serve our customers safely and responsibly.
As precautionary measures, all locations are currently practicing the following:
- Social Distancing – Our associates will avoid handshakes and direct physical contact with customers and each other. Customers can feel free to contact our stores by phone to set up an appointment or make a payment, to use our key drop boxes, and other methods that will limit close interaction. For our commercial customers, to limit our technicians’ interaction with your associates, we can either leave the service paperwork in a designated area or we can send it via email.
- Use Good Hygiene – We encourage everyone to practice frequent hand washing, regular use of antibacterial hand sanitizer and tissues, and to use elbows rather than hands when coughing or sneezing.
- Keep Surfaces Clean – Our associates are regularly sanitizing all high-touch areas in our stores, including restrooms, counter tops, doors and door handles, waiting areas, etc.
- Customers’ Vehicles – Our service technicians and mechanics are wiping down your vehicle after service, particularly the doors, steering wheel, dashboard, and seat belt.
- Service Vehicles – All sales staff and technicians are cleaning their vehicles throughout the day.
- Reduce Exposure – To protect our associates and our customers, we have asked associates to eliminate visits to public areas in regions with confirmed cases of the virus. Additionally, we have canceled all air and state-to-state travel, canceled attendance at all conferences, restricted or eliminated in-person meetings, restricted suppliers from entering our office areas, and encouraged every associate to be proactive in cleaning their personal work area.
- Stay Home if Sick – We are asking any associate who feels sick or who has a fever to stay home to avoid spreading any illness in our locations.
We ask that you join us in this national effort. Please familiarize yourself with the CDC’s recommendations. If you have any symptoms or possible exposure, please do not visit our locations. Your store manager or sales representative is happy to assist you with any questions or concerns.
All of these measures will slow the spread of the virus and help to protect the most vulnerable members of our families and communities. Please take heart that we are all in this together, and together, we will persevere.
With warm personal regards,
John D. McCarthy Jr.
ABOUT MCCARTHY TIRE SERVICE
Founded in 1926, McCarthy Tire Service is a family-owned and operated tire dealer headquartered in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The company has more than 60 service locations and 10 Bandag retread tire manufacturing plants along the east coast of the United States. McCarthy Tire is the sixth largest independent commercial tire dealer and one of the top 50 retail tire dealers in the country. The company offers tire sales and service; automotive mechanical services and repairs; fleet services; truck mechanical services; 24-hour commercial roadside assistance; and retread tire manufacturing. For more information, visit www.McCarthyTire.com.
Amy Cameron, 800-724-3506, email@example.com