As the only female owned tire business in the country, we pride ourselves on the D&I culture we’ve cultivated among our team, in our hiring practices and in our supplier selection. Learn more in our D&I policies as stated below.
McCarthy Tire Service is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
McCarthy Tire Service diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
All employees of McCarthy Tire Service have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect. All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other company-sponsored and participative events.
Any employee found to have exhibited any inappropriate conduct or behavior against others may be subject to disciplinary action.
Employees who believe they have been subjected to any kind of discrimination that conflicts with the company’s diversity policy and initiatives should seek assistance from a supervisor or an HR representative.
McCarthy Tire Service works to create mutually beneficial business relationships with diverse suppliers that strengthen the communities in which we operate. We are committed to developing mutually beneficial relationships with small, minority-owned, women-owned, disadvantaged/disabled, veteran owned and LGBTQA business enterprises.
The goal of the McCarthy Tire Service Supplier Diversity Strategy is to provide opportunities to diverse suppliers that satisfy our procurement and contractual standards.
The McCarthy Tire Service purchasing department is encouraged to identify and include diverse suppliers and service providers in the procurement process. Diverse suppliers that demonstrate the ability to add value, provide high-quality goods and services that are competitively priced, reliable, and aligned with our strategic business model may be included in our sourcing and procurement process. This policy reflects our desire to create opportunity for suppliers to market their products and services to McCarthy Tire Service.
Ensuring supplier diversity extends beyond procurement. Department heads are additionally responsible for encouraging their teams to:
- Identify small, minority-owned, women-owned, disadvantaged/disabled, veteran owned and LGBTQA business enterprises to compete for business and from whom to obtain goods and services whenever possible.
- Actively seek out certified diverse suppliers that can provide competitive, high-quality goods and services whose business model is aligned with our business strategy.
- Ensure the inclusion of diverse suppliers as a part of our strategic sourcing and procurement processes.
- Leverage our supplier diversity results to meet our corporate customers’ supplier diversity requirements.
The McCarthy Tire Service Supplier Diversity Policy aims to achieve corporate diversity goals while enabling the growth of diverse businesses in our communities. We strive to create vendor– buyer relationships that allow diverse organizations to continue to develop, while offering quality products at competitive prices.