March 22, 2020 – Governor Andrew Cuomo has issued Executive Order 202.6 regarding the closure of all non-essential businesses in New York State. McCarthy Tire Service’s businesses are considered essential, and we are authorized to continue operations.
AS AN ESSENTIAL BUSINESS, McCARTHY TIRE WILL CONTINUE TO OPERATE IN NEW YORK STATE.
The Governor’s Order 202.6 specifically exempts a list of industries from the shutdown that are considered to be essential, including:
- Auto repair.
- Warehouse distribution/fulfillment.
- Storage for essential businesses.
- Essential services necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operations of residences and other essential businesses.
- Vendors that provide essential services or products for essential government services and logistics.
McCarthy Tire falls under these exemptions. Our business is important to the national and local supply chain, as well as critical services. We provide tires and services for:
- Fleets carrying food, water, and consumer goods to grocery stores, and medical supplies to hospitals.
- Forklifts and material handling equipment used to move goods in and out of warehouses and ports.
- Vehicles transporting trash, recycling, and medical waste.
- Trucks and equipment for local government agencies and municipalities.
- Vehicles used by public utility companies, tradespeople, and farmers.
- Personal cars and trucks used by first responders, health care professionals, grocery store and pharmacy staff, the Red Cross, and other essential businesses.
McCarthy Tire Service has more than 60 service centers along the east coast with seven of them located in New York State – Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, Horseheads, Oneonta, and Cobleskill. We are proud to serve our customers and the citizens of New York State during this unprecedented situation.
ABOUT MCCARTHY TIRE SERVICE
Founded in 1926, McCarthy Tire Service is a family-owned and operated tire dealer headquartered in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The company has more than 60 service locations and 10 Bandag retread tire manufacturing plants along the east coast of the United States. McCarthy Tire is the sixth largest independent commercial tire dealer and one of the top 50 retail tire dealers in the country. The company offers tire sales and service; automotive mechanical services and repairs; fleet services; truck mechanical services; 24-hour commercial roadside assistance; and retread tire manufacturing. For more information, visit www.McCarthyTire.com.
Amy Cameron, 800-724-3506, email@example.com