The situation surrounding COVID-19, or the coronavirus, is evolving swiftly. McCarthy Tire Service’s owners and senior leadership team have held emergency meetings over the last two days to determine the safest course of action for our associates, customers, vendors, and the general public. Our team is following recommendations by the CDC and the directives of each state’s governors. Trust and integrity are hallmarks of McCarthy Tire, and we will publish regular updates to remain transparent about our process.
The governors of Pennsylvania, New York State, and New Jersey have all enacted sweeping, unprecedented measures to slow the spread of the virus. We expect that other states will soon follow.
On Monday, March 16, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf shut down all non-essential businesses for a minimum of 14 days. Our leadership team consulted industry and legal experts to determine how McCarthy Tire could comply with the governor’s directive but still maintain much-needed service to our customers. As a result:
ALL OF McCARTHY TIRE’S STORES AND RETREAD PLANTS WILL REMAIN OPEN.
- Our customers are on the front lines of the COVID-19 situation, and we are here to support them. Our leadership team determined that our stores provide essential services to mission-critical vehicles for government agencies, first responders and municipalities, medical supply companies, consumer goods and food delivery fleets, big box stores, logistics companies, and expedited delivery fleets. Our retail stores handle passenger vehicles and light trucks for medical personnel, police departments, the Red Cross, and public utility companies.
- All 60+ stores and 10 retread plants in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina will stay open until further notice.
- Our stores and retread plants are running under normal operations, and we are here to serve our customers during this challenging time.
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE FOR COMMERCIAL TRUCKS IS AVAILABLE 24/7.
- We understand that our customers cannot do their jobs if their trucks break down. Our road call technicians are briefed on the latest safety precautions for COVID-19. If you need to use our service, contact the store nearest your breakdown. We are available 24 hours a day.
OUR WORKFORCE HAS BEEN REDUCED IN NON-ESSENTIAL AREAS.
- The leadership team has furloughed associates in areas that are considered non-essential operations under the Governor’s mandate. These include our corporate offices, warehouses, and our two car washes. This was a very difficult decision. However, it allows our associates to care for their families, reduce unnecessary contact, and stay safe.
We are continuously assessing our business practices so that we can serve our customers safely and responsibly. We ask that you join us in social distancing, good personal hygiene, and regular cleaning of surfaces and touch points. We will work with you to service your vehicle.
All of these measures will slow the spread of the virus and help to protect the most vulnerable members of our families and communities. If you have any questions or concerns, contact your store manager or sales representative.
This is a tough fight, but we are all in this together. Together, we will persevere.
With warm personal regards,
John D. McCarthy Jr.
ABOUT MCCARTHY TIRE SERVICE
Founded in 1926, McCarthy Tire Service is a family-owned and operated tire dealer headquartered in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The company has more than 60 service locations and 10 Bandag retread tire manufacturing plants along the east coast of the United States. McCarthy Tire is the sixth largest independent commercial tire dealer and one of the top 50 retail tire dealers in the country. The company offers tire sales and service; automotive mechanical services and repairs; fleet services; truck mechanical services; 24-hour commercial roadside assistance; and retread tire manufacturing. For more information, visit www.McCarthyTire.com.
Amy Cameron, 800-724-3506, firstname.lastname@example.org