What information is collected & processed? McCarthy Tire Service Company and/or its affiliates or related entities (“McCarthy Tire”) or its website service provider, may collect and process personal and non-personal information from you when you register on the site, place orders, submit requests for estimates, submit requests for prices, subscribe to newsletters, respond to surveys, interact with internal and external links, or fill-out forms. Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. Non-personal information is data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual.
What categories of personal information are collected and processed?
We may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers such as your real name, alias, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number, IP address, and similar identifiers
- Select Information in Customer Records including name, address, telephone number, education, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, etc.
- Commercial Information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other consuming histories and tendencies
- Internet or Electronic Network Activity including but not limited to browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with the Internet website, application, or advertisement
- Geolocation Data
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
- Education Information
- Inferences drawn from any of the above categories to create a profile reflecting a consumer’s preferences, predispositions, behavior, abilities, etc.
For what purposes may your information be used? McCarthy Tire may use your information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To respond to requests for estimates and prices
- To answer inquiries regarding services, products, or other information requests
- To improve the website based on the information and feedback received from you
- To improve customer service by more effectively responding to your customer service requests and support needs
- To post public reviews and testimonials you submit
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature
- To send periodic emails, which will include an option to opt-out anytime by updating your preferences
The email address that you provide for any forms on the website, may be used to send information and updates pertaining to your specific request, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we collect information?
We obtain personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from you through information you enter on our website forms or disclose through email
- Indirectly through cookies, web analytics data, interactions with our advertisers, and third-party applications running on our website such as web-based messengers
- How to request access, change, move, or delete your personal data Please contact Amy Cameron, Marketing Director.
How do I request that my information not be sold?
McCarthy Tire does not sell your personal information.
You may use this form Contact Us to submit a request to opt out of the sale of your information by McCarthy Tire & Automotive Centers.
Are cookies used? Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies are used to help remember and process the items in your shopping cart and understand and save your preferences for future visits. Information collected by cookies and other technologies is treated as non-personal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local or federal law, these identifiers are also treated as personal information.
Is any information disclosed to outside parties? Your personal information is not sold, traded or otherwise transferred to outside parties. Your personal information may be released when the release is necessary to comply with legal requirements. Your personal information may also be released if the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the Terms & Conditions of Use or to protect company operations or site users. Non-personal visitor information may be provided to outside parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Third-Party Sites and Services – The website, applications and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. The services may also use or offer products or services from third-parties. Information collected by third-parties, which may include location data or contact details, is governed by each third-party’s respective privacy practices. You are encouraged to read the privacy practices of those third-parties.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance – Necessary precautions are in place to comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. Except for the aforementioned circumstances, your personal information will not be distributed to outside parties without your consent.
California Consumer Privacy Act – This website is in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act. Visitors may request access and changes to their personal information and request that their information is not sold. Per our terms and conditions, users must be sixteen (16) years of age or older to use the website. The website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 16 years of age. If it becomes known that information was collected from a child under the age of 16, the necessary steps will be taken to delete the information as soon as reasonably possible.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance – This site is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act); information from anyone under thirteen (13) years of age is not knowingly collected. Per our terms and conditions, users must be sixteen (16) years of age or older to use our website. If it becomes known that information was collected from a child under the age of 16, the necessary steps will be taken to delete the information as soon as reasonably possible.
Contacting Us – If you have any questions regarding these Privacy Policies, you may contact Amy Cameron, Marketing Director.