- Make sure interior floors are clean, orderly, and free of fall hazards.
- Store hazardous waste safely with no spills or disposal issues.
- Make sure storage areas are neat, secure, and uncongested.
- Keep the exterior of building, grounds, and parking lot clear and well kept.
- Ensure that customers’ parked cars are locked with the keys properly secured.
- Keep the customer waiting area clean and free of hazards.
- Post signage in visible areas stating that visitors are not allowed in the service shop without an appropriate escort.
- Have a set procedure for vendor and contractor check-in, escort, supervision, safety, and personal protective equipment.
- Confirm that safeguards are adequate on powered equipment.
- Keep electrical equipment in good condition with undamaged cords and have lock-out procedures in place when necessary.
- Have a written welding and hot work procedure in place and enforced.
- Properly store hand tools and keep in good condition.
- Always have personal protective equipment stocked, readily available, and in good condition.
- Correctly label hazardous substances and store with safety data sheet information.
- Check and clean the eyewash/shower equipment weekly.
- To mitigate risk of strains and sprains, require two employees to move objects over 75 pounds, provide forklifts for tires, and use forklifts when moving very heavy loads.
- To avoid slips and falls, squeegee floors when vehicles exit the shop to remove any dripped liquid.
Fire Prevention Safety
- Verify fire extinguishers are up to date, inspected, and unobstructed.
- Discard oily rags in metal containers with self-closing covers or lids.
- Flammable liquids and gases must be stored correctly and securely.
- Strictly prohibit smoking indoors and limit to controlled outdoor areas.
- Maintain good condition of all hoist and hydraulic lift equipment.
- Regularly test fire protection sprinklers, smoke detectors, and alarms.
Health & Safety Organization
- Have an emergency/evacuation plan in place and understood by all staff members.
- Keep safety signs and notices in place where necessary.
- If your shop has an alarm system, confirm that all staff are aware of alarm sounds, proper response, and shut-off protocols.
- Always keep your first-aid cabinet marked, fully stocked, and easily accessible.
ABOUT MCCARTHY TIRE SERVICE
Founded in 1926, McCarthy Tire Service is a family-owned and operated tire dealer headquartered in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The company has more than 70 service locations and 11 Bandag retread tire manufacturing plants along the east coast of the United States. McCarthy Tire is the 5th largest independent commercial tire dealer and one of the top 50 retail tire dealers in the country. The company offers tire sales and service; automotive mechanical services and repairs; fleet services; truck mechanical services; 24-hour commercial roadside assistance; and retread tire manufacturing. For more information, visit www.McCarthyTire.com.
SAFETY CONTACT: Russ Devens